A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent in social science, humanities or environmental science, or relevant work experience in the environmental field.
Months of entry
This is a truly interdisciplinary degree, combining environmental politics and environmental sociology with normative philosophy.
This programme provides a social science-based, practice-oriented understanding of global environmental challenges and solutions. Understanding issues such as climate change, sustainable development and biodiversity requires knowledge about the political, moral and societal dimensions of environmental problems and solutions.
This programme will provide you with knowledge and analytical tools to address questions such as:
- Are meaningful environmental agreements possible in a system of sovereign states?
- Is the environment more than an economic resource for human exploitation?
- What drives groups, individuals or institutions to take action on environmental issues?
- What is the effect of such mobilisation?
This programme is affiliated with the University's Global Environment & Society Academy.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)131 651 5074