A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent, and a UK masters degree with an overall mark of 65% or its international equivalent.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
The University of Edinburgh has an international reputation as a leading centre of research in science and technology studies (STS).
Edinburgh scholars work around the globe on the social and historical aspects of developments in science and technology. Particular strengths in research include:
- the history and philosophy of science
- the social shaping of technology
- the history of medicine
- the politics of controversies and public engagement with science and technology
- science, technology and gender
- the sociology of financial markets and emissions trading schemes
- innovation in biotechnology and the life sciences
- the development and use of information and communication technologies
- innovation for sustainability
- science and technology in developing countries
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international students at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international
Fees and funding
Visit Scholarships and Student Funding Services at: http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)131 651 5074/1560