About University of Edinburgh Business School
About the School
The University of Edinburgh Business School has a long and established tradition of research excellence, dating back to 1918, when we introduced the first Bachelors of Commerce nearly 100 years ago.
We’re committed to developing tomorrow’s business leaders, like any Business School. But what really drives us is helping you play to your strengths, add to them, and develop strong relationships that will open up the world to you. These relationships are built amongst your peer group, who will come from diverse backgrounds, cultures and professions and who will provide the beginnings of your international network. In Edinburgh you’ll experience this global melting pot in a compact, friendly, safe city known for its striking architecture, intellectual legacy and festival culture.
Part of the University of Edinburgh, ranked 19th in the world (QS 2016), with a rich heritage of delivering education for more than 400 years, the Business School has an international student body typically representing more than 60 countries.
The School's teaching and research covers six main subject areas - accounting and finance, entrepreneurship and innovation, management science and business economics, marketing, organisational studies and strategy, and international business.
Today in addition to 21 undergraduate programmes encompassing a range of business topics, two full time MBA programmes as well as an Executive MBA programme, and we offer 13 Masters degrees coverage cutting-edge themes including for example: Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Business Analytics, Finance (with specialisms in Energy, Investment and Corporate Finance), Marketing and Business Analysis, and International HR Management.
The world of business never stands still, so it’s important we as business educators keep pace with the developing agenda to deliver the skills our students need to stand apart, and create the leaders needed to address emerging challenges.
We work closely with professional bodies including the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) institute to ensure our human resource management and finance programmes provide graduates with the accredited qualifications they need to secure professional roles. The School is also tripled accredited (AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS) thereby giving you a reassurance of quality.
As one of Europe's leading financial centres, Edinburgh uniquely combines a dynamic business community with its status as a World Heritage Site. Located in the heart of Edinburgh, the Business School is perfectly placed to engage with the local, national and international business community.
As a city of culture and a city for business, Edinburgh has a real sense of dynamism. Several major global financial institutions have their headquarters in Edinburgh. A compelling blend of history and cutting edge modernity, it is the second largest financial centre in the UK with a thriving, diverse economy and a highly educated and motivated workforce.
Edinburgh is often voted one of the best places to live and indeed was voted one of the most beautiful cities in the world by the Lonely Planet in recent years.
If you are looking to significantly enhance your career prospects - either within your current organisation or somewhere new - the Full-time MBA offers a dynamic, intensive opportunity for progression. There are two variants to this MBA both of which last only 12 months. The first allows you to specialise in certain areas such as Finance, Entrepreneurship, Strategy or Sustainability. The other option is our full time MBA with an international exchange which allows you to increase your international experience by studying first in Edinburgh and then in one of our international partner institutions.
As well as key skills like advanced communication, decision making and strategic thinking, you will gain an understanding of:
- The nature and complexity of the global challenges facing businesses
- Strategic leadership as an approach to achieving success in a rapidly changing environment
- Key learnings across finance, accounting, strategic marketing, organisation and operations
- How markets and international economies work
- The responsibilities of businesses as stewards of financial, social and natural capital
On our Masters you will be studying:
- In small classes that facilitate participation and ensure greater individual attention.
- Under the guidance of top academics to whom you’ll have genuine access.
- With the assistance of a Student Development Team, working on key skills that employers seek.
- Within a famous university founded in 1583 and ranked 19th in the world (QS 2016).
Here is a list of Masters degree on offer for entry in September 2017 with links for further information:
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
- MSc in Accounting and Society (Online Distance Learning)
- MSc in Banking and Risk
- MSc in Business Analytics
- MSc in Carbon Finance
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Human Resource Management
- MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets
- MSc in International Human Resource Management
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in Marketing and Business Analysis
The School also offers an MSc by research, MPhil and PhD
- Contact name
- Admissions or Student Recruitment team
- The University of Edinburgh Business School
- 29 Buccleuch Place
- EH8 9J
- +44 (0)131 650 9663
- +44 (0)131 650 8077