A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Months of entry
The Masters in Medical Sciences programme is the only one of its kind in the UK and is proven to give graduates the competitive edge in the job market. It’s designed for high-calibre medicine graduates who want to explore and benefit from medical research, perhaps with a view to pursuing a PhD or a career in research.
We offer you the opportunity to undertake a research project in a laboratory or department relevant to your speciality. The choice of research projects carried out is wide and ranges from bench research to clinical research.
Examples of completed projects are:
- Therapeutic Hypothermia Decreases Intracranial Pressure in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury
- Renal Function in the 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 Null Mouse
- Immune cell populations in the mouse lung during RSV infection
- Salt Appetite in Stable Heart Disease and Healthy Volunteers
You will need to secure a supervisor and project before starting the degree.
Qualification and course duration
MMedSci by research
Course contact details
- Programme Director, Richard Weller
- +44 (0)131 536 3229