Here at the University of Essex Online, we believe that education should be accessible to all. That is why we offer both an academic and work-based experience route onto our PG Dip Cyber Security.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to take a short aptitude test which is designed to test your ability to handle the intellectual and practical demands of the course. Please note that we will consider your performance in the aptitude test as part of your overall application, so if you don’t pass the test, you may still be accepted onto the course. Additionally, you will need to pass your first assignment set within your two-week induction period of the course in order to continue your studies.
Academic entry route
You must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
You must meet the following criteria:
- as a minimum you must have at least three years’ relevant work experience
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Months of entry
January, April, July, October
- security governance principles and network security
- the psychological elements involved in cyber security threats
- how Software Development Lifecycle Models are affected by risk management factors
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time16 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries team