Here at the University of Essex Online, we believe that education should be accessible to all. That is why we offer both an academic and work-based experience route onto our PG Cert Nursing course. Additionally, you will need to pass your first assignment set within your two-week induction period of the course in order to continue with your studies.
Because of the work-based nature of the programme, all students must be working in clinical practice as a registered nurse or with a license to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board.
Academic entry route
You must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in a health or social care related subject from an approved institution
- working in clinical practice as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board
Work experience entry route
Students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry and will be considered on an individual basis. In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Nursing, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ post-qualification work experience as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board, supported by appropriate references
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Months of entry
February, May, September
- pathophysiology and pharmacology: the management of disease
- underpinning infection control and prevention: the scientific concepts
- contemporary strategies and models to guide the design of health promotion activities
- practical leadership skills underpinned by a critical appreciation of leadership theory
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time8 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries team