A 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
Months of entry
This Masters in Ministry, Theology and Practice is intended for pastoral professionals (not necessarily ordained), to develop and enhance their abilities in congregational ministry, culturally relevant hermeneutics and preaching, creative approaches to ministry, and freedom of inquiry in theological doctrine.
- This unique programme marks a new phase in nearly three centuries of collaboration between the Dr Williams’s Trust and the University of Glasgow in supporting the development of Christian ministry.
- It welcomes the diverse practice and backgrounds of ministers and church workers from a number of denominations.
- Glasgow has a leading reputation - and not just in recent times - or combining critical academic excellence with an awareness of and focus on the wider community in terms of application of theology. We are known for the creativity of our theological programmes, as far back as the early modern period with its linking of Christian doctrine to questions of human existence, resulting in a theology that is properly aware of contexts, ideologies, traditions and source texts, thus ‘hermeneutical’.
- This particular purpose-made Masters, working with professional ministers, is unique in the UK.
- The degree can be undertaken in London or Glasgow.
- It is delivered by academics who presently have a strong commitment to and experience of training for Christian ministry.
- Applicants from qualifying denominations may be eligible for bursaries from the Dr Williams Trust.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with no subtests under 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details