You should have at least a Second-class Honours Degree or equivalent in Neuroscience, Psychology, Physiology or a relevant subject. Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis. You are required to provide two references and a full degree transcript with your application.
Months of entry
Why this programme
- Study in an institute striving to understand the brain at multiple levels of function, from cells to cognition using approaches ranging from molecular, cellular and systems level investigations to brain imaging.
- NUMBER 8 in the UK for Psychology (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Experience lectures by staff who are international research leaders and publish cutting edge research at the forefront of brain sciences.
- Attend seminars on a wide range of topics given by eminent external speakers visiting the Institute from around the world as part of our Current Research Topics course.Carry out a research project working in labs equipped with technology and expertise at the forefront of brain science research, including:
- 3 Tesla fMRI system to image human brain function
- magnetoencephalography and electroencephalography to study neural activity
- transcranial magnetic stimulation for non-invasive brain stimulation
- 7 Tesla experimental MRI scanner for studying models of disease
- confocal microscopy for high resolution cellular imaging
- models of disease for pharmcolgical, gene and stem cell therapies.
- Receive training in research design, data handling, data analysis, and reporting of results.
- Develop in-depth specialist knowledge to enhance further academic research as well as transferable skills for a career outside academia.
- The brain science programme allows choice and flexibility through optional taught courses.
- Join a vibrant community of masters students from other programmes and for your research project you will be based in laboratories alongside PhD students, postdocs and senior researchers.
- Gain skills in critical appraisal, independent working, presentations, writing scientific documents and time management through our range of teaching methods and assessments.
Fees and funding
For funding opportunities search the scholarships database.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details