A relevant first degree, at least at 2.1 honours level or equivalent; or a relevant first degree, at least at 2.2 honours level, or equivalent in addition to a minimum of six months work experience in health service management. Exceptionally, if a first degree is not relevant then a professional qualification and experience in the practice of health service management for at least two years at a professional level is required.
Examples of relevant degrees are:
- Medicine or nursing
- Health sciences including health service management
- Social sciences
- Physical sciences
Months of entry
The complex nature of health services poses a challenge to those charged with managing competing needs and demands with limited resources. Run jointly with the Adam Smith Business School, this Masters in Health Service Management aims to support students to develop strong leadership and effective management skills to provide safe, effective, and high-quality care through effective organisation and management. The programme is designed for those interested in pursuing or enhancing their careers in health service management at all levels from general practice to large hospital organisations in the private healthcare sector, charity organisations, and the pharmaceutical industry; at a local, national, and global level.
Why this programme?
- The University of Glasgow is ranked 2nd in the UK for Medicine (Sunday Times 2018).
- The programme will provide you with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in leadership and effective management of health services.
- Content will be delivered face-to-face and online; maximising flexible learning opportunities, including bespoke options to suit students e.g. students can undertake one semester face-to-face but complete the rest of course as online (subject to optional course choices).
- Classes are interactive, striking the right balance between tuition and discussion.
- Throughout the year we will host a series of social, networking and guest speaker events, including senior managers in the NHS, to enhance your learning experience.
- The programme will be delivered in conjunction with the Adam Smith Business School, which holds triple accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS and has 40 years of experience delivering management and leadership courses as part of its MBA.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions