Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You are required to have a BSc (2.2), BDS or medical degree, or a nursing degree (general or dental).
Months of entry
This MSc programme is designed to provide students with an in-depth working knowledge of the principles and practice related to Oral Sciences. The major strength of this programme, and what sets its apart from other Oral Sciences based MSc programmes offered in the UK, is its focus on research. You will gain a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge related to Oral Sciences research and spend time in the laboratories conducting your own research project under the direction of internationally renowned members from the Oral Sciences Research Group located within Glasgow Dental School. Students will experience and participate in cutting edge research within the theme while learning techniques widely relevant to biomedical sciences.
- The University of Glasgow is ranked 1st in the UK for Dentistry (The Times/Sunday Times 2018).
- If you are passionate about oral sciences and keen to learn through an in-depth, evidence based, critical approach, and enthusiastic about specialising in a particular area – oral disease pathogenesis or infection control and decontamination, then this programme is for you.
- Our staff are internationally experienced researchers and academics with both clinical and science backgrounds and are experts in biofilm infections, oral inflammation and infection control.
- There is a long tradition of excellence in Oral Sciences at the University of Glasgow, with pioneering research by MacFarlane, Samaranayake and Bagg, and other current Glasgow academics continuing to make important contributions to the field of Oral Sciences.
- This programme will be of particular interest to those interested in pursuing or furthering careers in oral and dental related occupations, as well as laboratory scientists or academics.
- A range of transferable skills are integrated and embedded into this programme, which will improve possibilities in the job market.
- You will undertake research alongside pre and post-doctoral researchers and learn how to work as a team and improve technical skills and communication.
- Students can learn first-hand within a dedicated oral sciences research laboratory infrastructure linked directly to clinical research facilities.
- There is a direct link with our doctoral research programme.
Find out more about core and optional courses.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please note this programme is not yet approved for US Federal Loans funding. If you wish to apply for US Federal Loans funding to study on this programme please notify Carol Barnett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SAAS funding is available for this Programme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions