A degree in the sport and exercise eciences, physiotherapy, medicine, other relevant biological/biomedical sciences, or other health professions/health-related areas (at least a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent). Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
An IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component (or equivalent qualification) is required for students who do not have English as their first language.
Months of entry
This taught MSc in Sports Science is designed to provide you with an advanced, research-led programme of study in sport and exercise science and medicine. A key strength of this programme is its flexibility, which enables you to specialise in physical activity and health, sports performance, or sports medicine.
- This is the only MSc in Sports Science in Scotland that merges Sport and Exercise Medicine and Sport and Exercise Science within a single degree programme providing a broad range of options across these disciplines.
- You will benefit from access to the facilities and resources of the National Stadium Sports, Health and Injury Clinic at Hampden Park, a custom-built, state-of-the-art sports medicine facility.
- We have exciting scholarship opportunities, find out more.
- You will develop and enhance your skills in literature searching and critically evaluating relevant scientific evidence; application of knowledge to novel concepts and situations; experimental design; research methods and ethics; data handling and statistics; interpretation and evaluation of experimental data; scientific writing; and oral presentations.
- The University has state-of-the-art facilities to study performance and health aspects of sport and exercise science, from the whole body to the molecular level. These include advanced exercise laboratories, metabolic investigation suites and a molecular biochemistry lab. We are the best equipped exercise science group for laboratory facilities in Scotland, making the University of Glasgow the perfect place to study an MSc in Sports Science.
- The University has close links with a number of regional/national sporting bodies and a number of professional sporting clubs. There may be opportunities for internships (in place of a research project) for some students.
- You will have access to a number of guest lecture staff providing interactive sessions in their specialist fields.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions