Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in Physical Sciences, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computing Science or a cognate subject. Applications are also welcome from candidates with:
(i) a 2:2 in these subject areas
(ii) additional industrial experience
For cases (i)-(ii), applicants should refer to the PGT programme convenor.
Months of entry
This Masters in Quantum Technology will provide training in the emerging area of quantum technologies, giving students advanced training in the relevant physics and engineering, while acquiring key skills in micro/nanofabrication. This MSc is underpinned by Glasgow leadership in the UK’s Quantum Technology programme. The subjects taught in this programme are the relevant science behind many of the global challenges – in energy, environment, materials, and security – identified as major themes for interdisciplinary research in the 21st century. The programme is ideal if you are keen to pursue a professional career or research in Quantum Technologies.
- Glasgow leads one of the four UK quantum technology hubs (QuantIC).
- Excellence in micro/nano-fabrication via the James Watt Nanofabrication Centre.
- The School has an Athena Swan Silver Award, demonstrating the School’s support for women in scientific studies and careers, and to improve the working environment for all.
- This programme equips students with an interdisciplinary perspective of the physics and engineering skills needed in the field of quantum technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to engage with companies at the forefront of Quantum Technology activities within the UK and worldwide. Some MSc projects may also be available that are co-supervised with industry. The Glasgow led Quantum Technology hub (QuantIC) has engagement with over 50 companies in the UK/worldwide.
- This MSc will be underpinned by the one of the four quantum technology hubs within the UK (QuantIC). The University also hosts the James Watt Nanofabrication Centre, the UKs premier academic cleanroom for device micro/nanofabrication.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions