An ordinary degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject, along with a strong interest in youth work, community work, community based adult learning or broad issues and processes of social change.
Months of entry
This programme offers you the opportunity to study the theoretical and practical dimensions of adult, community and youth development. It will equip you with the skills and knowledge to work alongside people in communities to initiate sustainable social change.
- You will discover ways in which you can help people realise their potential and work together for a fairer, healthier and happier world.
- Upon successful completion of the PgDip, you will be awarded a professional qualification accredited by the Community Learning and Development Standards Council in Scotland.
- This qualification will enable you to work in the field of community learning and development, including community development work, youth work, health, housing and social and economic regeneration.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a network of community development projects. Project leads contribute to the taught aspects of the programme and also provide you with placement opportunities.
- Our students come from a wide range of professional, academic and cultural backgrounds and all bring with them a curiosity about how social justice can be developed by people working together for change.
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements for more details.
Fees and funding
Please see the scholarships page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dave Beck