2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant social science or humanities subject.
Applicants from other subject backgrounds, however, will be considered.
Months of entry
This innovative international programme offers you the unique opportunity to undertake study (in English) and research in at least three different countries at our renowned partner institutions, culminating in the award of a multiple degree according to your chosen pathway.
- If you are interested in the challenges faced by the states and societies of Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Eurasia and their place within the new global order, this two-year programme is for you.
- Opportunities for placements at external organisations are included under each pathway.
- The programme is delivered by leading experts in their specialist areas of research.
- Language tuition is available throughout the progamme.
- The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree is awarded by a consortium comprising the University of Glasgow, University of Tartu and other partners from the region.
The programme is structured around three predefined mobility periods at three different universities across Europe, Russia, and Eurasia. Also included is a fourth flexible mobility period during which you will undertake independent study. The mobility periods are designed to enable you to engage with a variety of perspectives on the programme’s core themes.
A research proposal submitted at the end of semester 1 in year 1 will determine future mobility patterns and study pathway diversification in semester 2. In year 2 you will continue under the same study pathway. The research proposal will have a strong influence on the allocation of the year 2 pathway partner, where you will undertake coursework. It is envisaged that placements at external organisations will be made available.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Clair Clarke