Normally at least a 2.1 Honours degree in chemistry (or equivalent).
Please note BSc and MSci Chemistry and BSc and MSci Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry graduates from the University of Glasgow should not apply for this programme.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The Masters in Chemistry will extend your depth and breadth of knowledge in all branches of chemistry, suitable for a professional chemist capable of conducting research.
- Ranked 8th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2019) Chemistry at Glasgow continues to meet student expectations combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment.
- All of our Masters programmes in the School of Chemistry are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- The School of Chemistry is a member of ScotCHEM that brings together seven Universities in Scotland. ScotCHEM is committed to excellence and to providing the highest quality postgraduate education and researcher experience.
- You will benefit from our links with industrial scientists, often from pharmaceutical companies, who regularly visit the School of Chemistry to give presentations.
- You will undertake a research project embedded within one of our internationally-leading research groups, and supplemented by specialist lecture courses.
- You will develop transferable skills that will improve your career prospects, such as project management, team-working, advanced data analysis, problem-solving, preparing and presenting oral and poster presentations, critical evaluation of scientific literature, advanced laboratory and computing skills, and how to effectively communicate with different audiences.
- Our Masters programmes will, therefore, provide an excellent foundation for any kind of career of scientific leadership in academia and industry.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions