Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
Months of entry
This multidisciplinary programme gives students the unique opportunity to develop critical understandings of the music industries and popular music, as well as gaining practical experience in a music industries-related organisation.
- This programme is aimed at those wishing to work in the music industries and/or develop an academic interest in the music and wider creative industries.
- Our approach is multidisciplinary: we employ a variety of academic approaches and draw upon the University's expertise in a range of disciplines including sociology, cultural studies, musicology and politics.
- You will be studying in the City of Glasgow with its vibrant and exciting music scene – the UK’s first UNESCO city of music. There is access to a range of theorists and practitioners from within both academia and the music industries.
- This MLitt in The Music Industries develops critical understandings of the music industries and the creative aspects of popular music.
- It will give you the tools to develop your career or business in the music industries.
- You do not have to be a musician to apply. The programme has been designed to appeal to students from a range of academic backgrounds.
- You will benefit from access to our facilities including seminar and practice rooms, a small library, an audio lab, studios, and the University’s concert hall.
Find out more about core and optional courses.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions