Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in education. You also need to have been approved by the Scottish College of Educational Leadership for admission to the national programme.
Months of entry
This professional programme is designed for aspiring school principals and school leaders in Scotland to enable them to attain the Standard for Headship (GTCS, 2012). Through professional pedagogies, it focuses specifically on enabling you to develop a strategic approach to educational change.
- Accredited by the General Teaching Council Scotland, the programme aligns with the Framework for Educational Leadership and is part of the national programme for the specialist qualification for headship in Scotland.
- The programme is designed to enable you to develop your personal capacity and capability to lead change for improvement and work with your school and its community to realise its strategic vision.
- You will have opportunities to engage directly with policy makers through guest lectures by expert practitioners and leading researchers.
- There is emphasis on the interrelationship between professional and academic perspectives, practice and theory, and between the different sites of learning/practice, in order that individual professional learning is interconnected with collective school improvement.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions