- A 2.1 equivalent degree (GPA 3.0) in a relevant subject.
- Students with a 2.2 equivalent degree (GPA 2.7), but 2.1 equivalent marks in their maths and core theory subjects may be considered for entry.
The GPA listed above is the US System. Find out your country's equivalent GPA.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This Masters in Electronics & Electrical Engineering provides research informed knowledge in a broad spectrum of specialist topics with immediate application to industrial problems. These topics range from electrical supply through advanced systems control to high-speed electronics. This programme offers a flexible structure that enables both new graduates and more established engineers to tailor their learning experience to meet the needs for their future career.
- The University of Glasgow has been delivering world-class engineering education and research since 1840.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Glasgow is consistently highly ranked recently achieving 1st in Scotland and 5th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2019).
- If you are an Electronics and Electrical Engineering graduate wanting to improve your skills and knowledge; a graduate of another engineering discipline or physical science and you want to change field; looking for a well-rounded postgraduate qualification in electronics and electrical engineering to enhance your career prospects, this programme is designed for you.
- The MSc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering includes lectures on "Nanofabrication", "Micro- and Nanotechnology", "Optical Communications" and "Microwave and Millimetre Wave Circuit Design", "Analogue CMOS circuit design", VLSI Design and CAD", all research areas undertaken in the James Watt Nanofabrication Centre.
- This programme has a September and January intake*.
*For suitably qualified candidates.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions