- A 2.1 equivalent degree (GPA 3.0) in a relevant subject.
- Students with a 2.2 equivalent degree (GPA 2.7), but 2.1 equivalent marks in their maths and core theory subjects may be considered for entry.
The GPA listed above is the US System. Find out your country's equivalent GPA.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The Masters in Sustainable Energy is an interdisciplinary programme that will equip you for employment within the international energy sector. This programme addresses all the key aspects of sustainable energy, from the most advanced technologies through to ethical and economic considerations.
- This programme provides an in-depth knowledge of the social and economic drivers of the current UK and international energy industry, and insights in the behavioural, business and technical aspects concerned with energy production and distribution.
- Students will learn a range of technical knowledge in the science and engineering of energy production and use, with emphases towards chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering, dependent on the students’ preferences and past experience.
- Students will graduate from this programme with a complete scientific knowledge and appreciation of the relevance of traditional and emerging energy technologies.
- Learning will be underpinned with regular industrial lectures and commentary so that the context is maintained and highlighted throughout the year.
- The MSc Sustainable Energy is accredited in the “Further Learning” category accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE), the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). This means that a student with an accredited BEng undergraduate degree can take the accredited "Further Learning" MSc to top-up their academic qualifications in order to meet the full academic requirements for conferral of the title of Chartered Engineer. This is an alternative route to the 5-year undergraduate MEng route.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Glasgow is consistently highly ranked recently achieving 1st in Scotland and 5th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2019).
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
The MSc in Sustainable Energy is an interdisciplinary programme that will equip you for employment within the international energy sector. This programme addresses all the key aspects of sustainable energy, from the most advanced technologies through to ethical and economic considerations.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions