A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in law or other subject with at least 50% of the credits in law.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Within the rapidly globalising environment of intellectual property and digital commerce, this programme provides you with a unique opportunity to specialise in this increasingly important area of law.
- You will develop a critical understanding of a wide range of issues concerning the legal regulation of intellectual property and the digital economy.
- You will benefit from access to and engagement with the Law School’s newly established £8M Research Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in the Creative Economy: CREATe.
- CREATe is a pioneering academic initiative – led by the Law School at the University of Glasgow – designed to help the UK cultural and creative industries thrive and become innovation leaders within the global digital economy.
- You will have the opportunity to apply for a summer internship at firms that specialise in intellectual property matters. At present, our strategic partners include: (i) Burness Paull & Williamsons, a top tier Scottish commercial law firm with extensive expertise in IP, IT and Information Law; and (ii) Cloch Solicitors, a boutique Scottish IP law firm.
- You will benefit from our excellent facilities including the dedicated School of Law library; our main University library also contains our extensive collection of legal materials and official publications and is a European Documentation Centre.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Within the rapidly globalising environment of intellectual property and digital commerce, this Masters programme provides you with a unique opportunity to specialise in this increasingly important area of law.
Course contact details
- Thomas Margoni