The programme is available to all healthcare chaplains and graduates considering healthcare chaplaincy as a profession and becoming UK Board Registered Chaplains. You should be working in post as a chaplain or have arranged a chaplaincy placement for the duration of the programme. You are required to provide two references and a full degree transcript with your application.
Months of entry
This programme is the culmination of work to develop healthcare chaplaincy as a profession. It is available to healthcare chaplains and graduates considering healthcare chaplaincy as a profession. Applicants who are considering entering healthcare chaplaincy will also have to satisfy the eligibility criteria for registration with the UK Board of Healthcare Chaplaincy. The University of Glasgow has no locus in this decision.
- It enables chaplains to evidence the Spiritual and Religious Care Capabilities and Competences for Healthcare Chaplains and demonstrate fitness to practice as a Healthcare Chaplain and so become Board Registered.
- You will learn to assess and meet spiritual and religious care needs, develop educational support for quality spiritual and religious care and facilitate professional role development and staff support.
- The programme has been commissioned by NHS Education for Scotland and it enables chaplains to evidence the Spiritual and Religious Care Capabilities and Competences for Healthcare Chaplains and demonstrate fitness to practice as a healthcare chaplain and so become Board Registered, subject to satisfying eligibility criteria of the UK Board of Healthcare Chaplaincy.
The programme is designed as a part-time programme of study days and distance learning to enable working chaplains to study and gain a professional qualification.
- Providing spiritual and religious care in healthcare
- Professional practice in spiritual and religious care
- Advanced healthcare practice.
Applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria for registration with the UK Board of Healthcare Chaplaincy and meet the criteria for admission to the MSc (MedSci) Advanced Practice in Healthcare can study the courses as optional courses towards a Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6) iBT TOEFL 92 (with no less than 21 in Listening & writing, 22 in reading, 23 in speaking) Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - B minimum or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - C minimum
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Rev. David Mitchell