To apply as a student of Chinese Nationality:
- Students register online for the China National Postgraduate Entrance Examination and select their desired JGS MSc programme.
- Students sit the National Entrance Exam
- Once the results are released, students are selected for joint interviews by Nankai University and the University of Glasgow. Students must fulfil the requirements for both universities.
To apply as a student of non Chinese Nationality:
Please apply through the International Office of Nankai University, which can be contacted at:
Tel: +86 22 2350 8825
Months of entry
The MSc in International Relations provides a rigorous grounding in the study of international relations, politics, and development. It will equip you with the knowledge of methodologies appropriate to such study.
Drawing on a range of different disciplinary approaches – from Political Science, International Relations, Area Studies, and Economic and Social History – the MSc in International Relations will survey the major contemporary challenges in world politics. In particular, it will focus on relations between state and non-state actors in the context of a globalized and interdependent world.
The programme will also provide research training that will encompass both research skills and methodologies.
The programme will conclude with a dissertation. This focused piece of work will permit you to develop your own ideas and demonstrate your capacity for original thought; while also building on the themes and issues covered in the full range of courses.
The programme provides you with:
- a comprehensive programme of study reflecting a broad picture of global politics in the 21st century.
- opportunities to reflect on theoretical and conceptual approaches to global politics
- knowledge of a range of relevant disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches to the study of world politics derived from the social sciences and humanities.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions