You should have:
- A good quality degree from a recognised university equivalent to or better than a UK 2.2 PLUS a minimum of two years' relevant business experience
- Applications are welcome from mature UK candidates without a first degree but with a minimum of five years' relevant business experience. These applicants are subject to interview
- Those educated in a language other than English and/or in a country where English speakers are in a minority, you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a secure English language test or those with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our pre-sessional English language programme prior to masters studies.
Months of entry
This programme is available in full-time, part-time, and part-time by supported open learning modes.
The Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally recognised Master’s degree in business administration and management. It prepares managers for organisational leadership and decision making. The MBA aims to develop the business leaders of the future. It approaches responsible leadership thematically from the starting points of creativity, practicality and social resourcefulness, and focuses strongly on the personal development of participants, including their career management. Building on a broad foundation of business functions, the MBA focuses on the integrative disciplines of business strategy and the management of change, leading to a real-world consultancy project and an individual business research project.
The Greenwich MBA can be tailored to four specialist sectors:
- Financial Services (including banking and insurance)
- Public Services (including health, local government and emergency services)
- Social Enterprise; and
On successful completion of the programme, you will graduate with one of the following:
- Executive Master of Business Administration;
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Financial Services);
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Public Services);
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Social Enterprise);
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Maritime Management).
The MBA includes executive coaching, which helps students to understand their value in the marketplace and develop plans that will make the very best of their career potential.
Our part-time by Supported Open Learning programme is primarily aimed at individuals who are working full-time and need to balance study with work and home commitments. It employs Supported Open Learning, a flexible learning model which uses a mixture of different methods of study, including facilitated online learning supplemented by face-to-face workshops. It is open to home students (UK and EU), who are required to study approximately 12 hours a week over slightly under three years. The full-time mode of study is open to Home, EU and International students and is completed at the Greenwich Campus over a 12 month period.
Home students wishing to undertake study leading to PGDip Management (previously called a DMS) should apply for the Executive MBA (by Supported Open Learning) and request an exit award after 120 credits.
Information for international students
If you were educated in a language other than English and/or in a country where English speakers are in a minority, you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or an equivalent rating in another Secure English Language Test.
Fees and funding
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000