Applicants should have: A good quality relevant degree from a recognised university or higher education institute (equivalent to a UK 2.2). • Students educated in a language other than English should normally have an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a secure English language test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our pre-sessional English language programme prior to degree studies.
Months of entry
The MA International Business programme is designed in such a way as to reflect the increased emphasis on multi-disciplinarity and international perspective arising from today's market developments as well as the employers expectation to integrate the theoretical knowledge and applied skills in training a modern workforce. This programme intends to develop the range of intellectual and practical skills in students who can then become effective specialists in the global knowledge economy with traditional boundaries between sectors breaking down.
The programme provides students who may not have a first degree in business with a grounding in business management, followed by specialised international business modules and an independent specialist project. A distinctive characteristic of the programme is its teaching and learning emphasis on business developments in fast growing economies.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to operate in global business environment
- To facilitate the advanced study of international business organisations and their management
- To enable students to systematically and creatively analyze, critique and apply knowledge and understanding of complex international business and management issues
- To enable students to master new, apply and distinguish the most relevant research methodologies, techniques and tools in the analytical, creative, and intellectual ways
- To build interpersonal skills so as to be able to interact effectively with a range of specialists and to implement solutions effectively and efficiently, thereby enhancing employability potential.
- Foundations of Scholarship and Research (15 credits)
- Financial and Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Global Strategy: Analysis and Practice (15 credits)
- Global Networks and Innovation (30 credits)
- Global Business and Sustainability (30 credits)
- Specialist Project (30 credits)
- E-Logistics and International Supply Chain Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Managing and Leading People Across Cultural Borders (15 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above or an equivalent rating in another language testing system (no item within the 6.5 rating should be less than 5.5).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000