Applicants should have: EITHER an appropriate first degree OR equivalent professional qualifications. • If you do not have formal entry qualifications, you may be admitted, depending on your work experience and responsibilities. • If English is not your first language, you must produce evidence of proficiency, e.g. a score of 6.0 or above for the British Council language test.
Months of entry
These programmes are for students and professionals who wish to acquire improved expertise and knowledge in natural resources. The programme explores the ways in which developmental needs can be met through better understanding and improved management of renewable natural resources, without placing unsustainable demands on the environment.
The emphasis is on tropical applications, the Natural Resources Institutes principal area of expertise.
The MSc by Research consists of an extended research project and a limited number of taught courses and is available for students with the appropriate background and interest and is based on suitable academic performance in their first term of studies. The programme provides students with an overview and awareness of natural resources, their management and sustainable development, and provides training which enables students to apply the principles of sustainable natural resource management to their own disciplines.
Courses will be selected from the portfolio offered through the MSc Sustainable Environmental Management and MSc Agriculture for Sustainable Development.
The aims of the programme are:
- To introduce students to the nature of natural resources, their investigation and interactions, and their integration with other aspects of the human and natural world
- To provide opportunities for specialist studies in selected areas of this broad subject
- To provide students with a framework to undertake further studies in aspects of natural resources and sustainable development.
- Research Methods for Postgraduates (15 credits)
- Long Project (NRI) (120 credits)
- Two to three options (45 credits)
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you must produce evidence of proficiency, e.g. a score of 6.0 or above for the British Council language test.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000
- 020 8331 8145