Applicants should have: A good first degree in Landscape Architecture or recognised equivalent OR the Certificate in Landscape Design from the University of Greenwich. • A portfolio of visual and creative work is required for all applicants; applicants should provide a link to their digital portfolio with their application form. • An IELTS score of 6.5 is required if English is not your first language.
Months of entry
This postgraduate programme is designed for individuals interested in becoming professional Landscape Architects. Graduates from the programme, which is recognised and accredited by the Landscape Institute, have joined some of London’s leading landscape practices, have founded award-winning international design studios and have led strategic urban design projects like the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The core component of the MA Landscape Architecture programme is the design studio where students engage with landscape, urbanism, agriculture and infrastructure projects in the UK and abroad. With a team of academics and practitioners the students develop their design projects through tutorials and design reviews. They are supported to develop innovative and distinct approaches to landscape architecture, reflected in their final design project and dissertation thesis. Teaching is informed by comprehensive technical and theoretical seminars and guest lectures from international artists, designers and academics. Details of international events, open lectures and student events can be found on: http://thelandscape.org/
Direct entry to the MA Landscape Architecture requires a design portfolio as well as completion of either the PG Certificate Landscape Design or a BA Hons Landscape Architecture. The MA is part of a Landscape Institute accredited route to becoming a professional Landscape Architect.
The Department is based in a new state of the art building designed by the award winning architects Heneghan Peng; it is equipped with fourteen rooftop landscapes, cutting edge digital workshops, extensive design studios, a world-class library and two gallery spaces.
Our building is located in the heart of Greenwich, the newest addition to a suite of magnificent buildings that occupy the UNESCO World Heritage site and the location of the Greenwich Prime Meridian.
The aims of the MA Landscape Architecture programme are to:
- Act as part of a professionally accredited set of programmes, for students wishing to become Landscape Architects, leading from the Certificate Landscape Design or BA Hons Landscape Architecture
- Establish social, ecological and design processes as a fundamental aspect of landscape architecture
- Encourage design experimentation leading to advanced and exceptional forms of designed landscape
- Advanced Landscape Design (40 credits)
- Landscape Representation and Technique (20 credits)
- Professional and Technical Practice (20 credits)
- Landscape and Urbanism Theory (40 credits)
- Design Research Methodologies (20 credits)
- Masters Project (40 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000
- 020 8331 8145