Applicants should have: A good first degree in any discipline. • Potential applicants who have substantial commercial or industrial experience but who lack formal qualifications should seek an interview with the programme leader.
Months of entry
This programme teaches students the skills required to manage a software project by producing criteria to monitor the project's progress and measure outcomes. Students learn how to formulate requirements for a business system and are given an underpinning in the nature of software development and its inherent complexity. The programme also covers system modelling and user interface and database design. Students learn to develop a system from determining its requirements and graphic user interface to database implementation.
This programme is of particular interest to those with a first degree in business or with business experience. Students are given an understanding of the information technologies upon which e-commerce is built and how these technologies provide us with new ways of organising and managing business. On successful completion of this programme, students should be proficient in the development of Internet, web and database technologies. They should also have the project management skills required for IT consultancy and strategic decision making.
Through our short course centre opportunity may also be provided to study for the Microsoft Technology Associate Exams.
- Project (60 credits)
- Systems Design and Development (15 credits)
- Web and Intranet Content Management (15 credits)
- Data Modelling (15 credits)
- Project Management (15 credits)
- Two 15-credit options from: Cyber Security; Strategic IT; User Centred Web Engineering; Managing IT Security and Risk (30 credits)
- Two 15-credit options to be chosen from: System Modelling; User Experience Design; Audit and Security; Outsourcing and IT Management (30 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000