Applicants should have: A Master's degree from within education, training and related professional fields AND normally have at least three years' professional experience.
Months of entry
You should consider this programme if you are a qualified and experienced teacher, trainer or other professional working in education or training, or in a related professional field such as health.
The programme will develop your advanced skills in educational research methods. These include critical analysis, evidence-based inquiry, critical literature review, and quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
Following a qualifying period, MPhil students can proceed to PhD studies in education and training.
Recent research projects include:
- Leadership and management in education
- Leadership in Higher Education
- Professionalism and professional practice
- Lifelong Learning
- E-Learning, social networking
- Pedagogy, learning theories and learning and teaching
- Widening participation, access, achievement and the student experience
- Creativity and complexity theory
- Childhood studies and history of education
- A range of other individually negotiated subject areas.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide you with a doctoral programme through research study and a supervised thesis
- To provide you with an advanced knowledge of educational research methods within education, training, health and allied fields
- To help you to develop advanced skills in contemporary theoretical knowledge, critical analysis, doctoral research and evidence-based inquiry. This will enable you to make a contribution to knowledge informed by original research and scholarship.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000