Applicants should have: A degree (2.2 or equivalent qualification) in electrical and/or electronic engineering. • Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience (e.g. incorporated engineer or chartered engineer status) may be considered if they demonstrate the potential to succeed on the programme. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Months of entry
This Masters’ programme extends the technical knowledge acquired on an undergraduate programme in electrical and electronic engineering. This MSc covers a wide range of topics and the programme provides a broad subject-specific curriculum with specialism pursued through a major project. Many of the projects reflect the key research interests of the Faculty, such as embedded systems, electronic manufacturing and control and instrumentation. There is the opportunity for projects to be derived from our industrial links, and a number are proposed by students, reflecting their own personal interests or experience.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in electrical and electronic engineering at the professional engineer level
- To enhance specialist knowledge in the area of electrical and electronic engineering which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
- To further develop improved skills of independent learning and critical appraisal
- To develop an extensive insight into the industrial applications and requirements
- To develop critical insight of management issues relating to engineering business
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of leading-edge ICT tools and techniques
- To provide the ability to progress to the next level of study.
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Internet Electronics (15 credits)
- Real-Time Embedded Systems (15 credits)
- Mixed Signal Electronics (15 credits)
- Design of Embedded System (15 credits)
- Design of Electronic System (15 credits)
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Multiple Technology Integration (15 credits)
- Individual Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000