Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About University of Hertfordshire
Master your dream at Herts
You bring the dream; we’ll help you make it at Herts. We offer a huge variety of postgraduate courses covering everything from creative arts to sustainable planning, with flexible study options that work around you. And with expert guidance and support as well as fantastic links to business we can help make your dreams your reality.
Why choose postgraduate study at Herts?
- Employment prospects: 95.6% of our postgraduates are in work or further study*
- Industry connections: Links with over 1,700 businesses and industrial placements
- Accredited courses: We offer over 40 industry accredited courses and work placements
- Financial support: No application fees. We offer a 20% postgraduate fee discount for University of Hertfordshire graduates. Plus, there's £11,222 of postgraduate funding available**. Find out more about discounts, loans, bursaries, scholarships and grants.
- Excellent location: Hertfordshire has been voted the UK’s best place to live and is just 25 minutes from London
- Fantastic facilities: Multi-million-pound facilities include a mock law court and flight simulation suites.
- 95.6% of our full-time postgraduates are in work or further study within 15 months of finishing their degrees (of those available for work or study, latest Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017-18).
More information and bookings on our events page.
The University of Hertfordshire has a stimulating and vibrant research community which will fully support you as you pursue your path towards academic excellence. We offer a wide variety of research degrees to suit your personal and professional interests and goals. Students benefit from a range of events, bringing together junior and senior researchers promoting interdisciplinary collaboration, as well as financial and wellbeing support.
The University of Hertfordshire has been ranked 21st in the Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) 2019 for overall student satisfaction in research degree programmes. The 2019 results are based on 103 institutions with over 50,000 respondents. Our individual research degree programmes also performed well as shown below:
- Ranked first for overall experience for Business and Economics research degree programmes
- Ranked firsst for Education Research culture and Research skills
Our history and your future
Our vision is to transform lives. This means whatever your background, wherever you are from, we will drive your potential, powering you to succeed.
thing. Finding ways to make the most of the opportunities in front of them, by tapping into their individual or collective potential. Powering Potential is embedded in our philosophy. This means – to transform lives, we not only find potential, we harness it and drive it.
- Social media accounts