Applicants should hold one of the following:
- An exisiting professional qualification with registration to General Dental Council
- A professional qualification in a related field, for example; dental practice management, dental public health or dental health promotion studies.
All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
Months of entry
Advanced and Specialist Healthcare (Applied Dental Professional Practice) MSc is a flexible, part-time, work-related programme designed specifically for registered dental care professionals including dentists, therapists, hygienists and nurses who wish to develop their academic skills alongside their professional role.
This part-time, flexible, multi-professional Master's-level qualification is suitable for all dental care professionals and offers opportunities for Accreditation of Prior Experiential and /or Certificated Learning or Credit Transfer.
Who is the programme for?
- Dental care professionals including dentists, therapist, hygienists and nurses, who wish to develop their academic skills alongside their professional role.
- It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of qualified, registered dental professionals allowing them to study part-time while working and managing other personal responsibilities.
The programme offers:
- An innovative, flexible, work-related approach to studies.
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential and/or Certificated Learning or Credit Transfer may be available.
- The opportunity to develop the academic, leadership and professional skills necessary to meet the evolving patient-care needs of contemporary practice.
- A multi-disciplinary learning environment.
- A module structure, providing the opportunity to gain credit for individual modules.
- Access to University resources and specialist academic and professional services.
Information for international students
Please see our International Student website for entry requirements by country and other relevant information. Please note that international fee-paying students cannot undertake a part-time programme due to visa restrictions.
English language entry requirements
The University requires all non-native speakers of English to reach a minimum standard of proficiency in written and spoken English before beginning a postgraduate degree. Certain subjects require a higher level.
For detailed information see our English language requirements web pages.
Need help with English?
Please note that if you are required to meet an English language condition, we offer a number of pre-sessional courses in English for Academic Purposes through Kent International Pathways.
Fees and funding
For further information about funding, including scholarships, please visit our funding web pages.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Centre for Professional Practice
- +44 (0)1634 888929