Primary degree in a relevant discipline with First or Second Class Honours or an approved equivalent qualification (Primary Degree: Level 8 NQAI). Candidates must be proficient in English.
Months of entry
The aims of this interdisciplinary programme are:
- To provide students with an advanced understanding of gender as a social and cultural construct.
- To facilitate a deepening of knowledge regarding current historical, cultural, sociological, and/or political approaches to the study of gender.
- To enable students to critically evaluate theoretical approaches to gender and sexuality.
- To support and facilitate independent self-directed learning.
- To hone students’ intellectual and generic skills in preparation for further academic/and or professional work.
- To work with students towards developing clear plans for career development and employment.
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the Universities English Language Requirements.
Please visit: Non-European Applicants for the list of requirements
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr. Breda Gray
- +353 61 234207