Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The minimum entry requirement to the programme is a 2:2, level 8 (NQAI) undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautical Engineering, or closely related field. For international students, the entry equivalent will be accepted as determined by the Course Director in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where applicants are non-native English language speakers, certified achievement in TOEFL or IELTS Standard English Language Competency Test will be required. An interview may be part of the admission process.
Months of entry
The program will enable our graduates to have the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to technical problems using their engineering expertise. Using their aeronautical engineering knowledge they will be able to apply new technological developments to the design, manufacture, testing, operation and maintenance of aircraft.
- To equip graduates with a detailed knowledge of advanced methods in aeronautical engineering, including theoretical foundations, computational and experimental methods and engineering applications.
- To meet industrial need for graduates with the above qualities at a Master's level.
- To increase awareness of the opportunities offered by current research in Aeronautical Engineering and its application to current practice.
- To fulfil the Engineers Ireland requirements for a Master's degree in an engineering discipline as a minimum educational standard for Chartered Engineer status.
- To enhance graduates' existing educational base and employment prospects
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the Universities English Language Requirements. Please visit our website for the list of requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr. Patrick Frawley
- +352 (0)61 202178