The entry requirement is a 2.2 honours degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). However, applicants who have a 3rd class honours degree with substantial small business related experience as entrepreneurs or as an employee in a small or medium sized firm may be considered in accordance with the University's policy on the recognition of prior learning. These candidates will be required to submit a written portfolio of business learning outcomes with accompanying testimonials. An interview may form part of the selection process for all candidates.
Months of entry
The focus of the course is around developing students’ entrepreneurial behaviour and generating business opportunities. This one-year full-time Masters programme provides students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment whist building the students network of professional contacts in the area of small business. The programme is designed for graduates who wish to start an entrepreneurial venture; those who wish to work in small and medium firms or as trainers and consultants with small and medium enterprises.
Benefits of participating on the programme
• A central differentiating feature of this Masters is the experiential and real time nature of the learning on the programme where you immerse yourself in an entrepreneurial journey of starting and growing a new venture with international potential and complete a two year investor ready Strategic Commercialisation plan. It develops competencies in opportunity recognition, market validation, resource leveraging, financial management and business planning.
• You will learn with and from entrepreneurs through the completion of in-company projects in Marketing and Sales, Frim Internationalisation and Management Consulting. This action learning provides a transformational personal and business related learning experience and enhances self - confidence, creativity, critical thinking, teamwork, reflection, communication and presentation skills.
• The programme invites entrepreneurs, government agency, financial institution and venture capital representatives to share their experiences on different aspects of starting and growing a business internationally and provide an enhanced targeted network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities.
• You will participate in a mentoring programme through the Irish Exporters Association’s Asia Trade Forum Programme and will have the opportunity to work with a member company to develop an international market entry strategy into an Asian market.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Yvonne Costin