About University of Lincoln
- The first University of Lincoln building was opened by Her Majesty the Queen in 1996. It was the first new city centre campus to be built in the UK for decades.
- More than £150 million has now been invested in transforming a brownfield site into an award-winning, state-of-the-art learning environment for thousands of students each year.
Location and Transport
- Lincoln is centrally located in the Midlands, with easy access to the M1, Sheffield, Nottingham, Leeds and London.
- The Brayford Campus is in the heart of the city, just minutes’ walk away from all amenities including supermarkets, restaurants, bars and clubs.
- Lincoln railway station is a five minute walk from the campus, with London only an hour and a half away by direct train.
The University of Lincoln accepts a range of qualifications, including A Levels, AS Levels, GCSEs, the BTEC Diploma, Extended Diploma and Subsidiary Diploma, the European and International Baccalaureate Diplomas, and Advanced Diplomas.
- Lincoln is placed in the top half of all UK universities by The Guardian University Guide 2014 and The Times and Sunday Time Good University Guide 2014.
- Lincoln heads up the innovative Student as Producer project, which is a major Higher Education Academy-funded initiative designed to promote student involvement in research.
- Students rated a number of Lincoln’s courses among the best in the country for student satisfaction in the 2013 National Student Survey.
- The University of Lincoln is leading the way in groundbreaking academic research following a 600 per cent increase in national research funding.
- The University is home to more than 40 Research Centres and Research Groups, investigating subjects ranging from Vision Engineering to Conservation and Cultural Heritage.
- Major research projects from the University benefit society in areas as varied as new vaccine development, medical imaging for cancer diagnosis, insomnia treatment and children’s language development.
- Our Accountancy and Finance course has been ranked number one nationally for the fifth year running in the National Student Survey 2013.
- Psychology at Lincoln is ranked number one for satisfaction*.
- Our Agriculture courses are ranked first for student satisfaction*.
- The University’s Art and Design courses are ranked 11th in the UK*.
- Architecture at Lincoln is in the top 20 for graduate prospects*.
- Our Media programmes are ranked fourth in the UK for graduate prospects*.
- All our Business courses are in the top third in the UK*.
- The University has won the National Award for Excellence in Teaching Criminology 2013.
- Dance and Drama courses at Lincoln are ranked 12th in the UK for career prospects*.
- Our English course was ranked in the top thirty in the UK for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2013.
- Events Management at Lincoln is fifth in the UK for graduate employment prospects*.
- The University of Lincoln’s Social Work courses are ranked 11th in the UK for career prospects*.
- Our BA (Hons) Journalism programme was rated top in the country for satisfaction in 2013 according to official Unistats figures.
- Politics at Lincoln is ranked third in the UK for student satisfaction*.
- Public Relations is rated top in the country for satisfaction in 2013 according to Unistats.
- Our Sociology courses are ranked 15th in the UK for student satisfaction.
- The University’s sport courses are 11th in the UK for career prospects*.
*according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014.
- We have invested over £140 million in our award-winning Brayford Pool campus, creating a network of innovative, student-centred spaces in a safe, compact and friendly site.
- The University is creating a new city centre Science and Innovation Park in collaboration with Lincolnshire Co-operative as part of a major investment in new research and teaching facilities.
- The new £10 million Art, Architecture & Design building houses state-of-the-art workshops, studios, lecture theatres and exhibition space.
- The Lincoln Performing Arts Centre is an innovative performance venue and learning environment for the Lincoln School of Performing Arts.
- The purpose-built Engineering Hub was the first of its kind in the UK for more than 20 years when it opened in 2011. It is a £37 million development where staff and students work in collaboration with Siemens.
- The Great Central Warehouse Library is the result of a £5 million restoration of an old railway warehouse into a magnificent learning resource.
Support for International Students
- The English Language Centre provides a range of support for all of our international students.
- The University offers international students who do not meet the direct entry requirements for an undergraduate degree the option of completing the first year of their programme at the University’s International Study Centre.
If you have a disability, a learning difficulty, mental health or medical condition, the Disability Service can provide you with a range of specialist services.
- The SU looks after the social aspects of your student life. The main SU office is based alongside the Engine Shed and Tower Bars.
- The SU offers a range of services to help students get the most out of their time at university, providing students with a voice in political discourse and the chance to be involved in one of our hundreds of societies and sports teams.
- The Sports and Recreation Centre boasts modern, specialist facilities including a double sports hall, squash, badminton and tennis courts, football and outdoor pitches, a gym, dance studio and saunas.
- A daily schedule of fitness and exercise classes is held at the Sports and Recreation Centre.
- All students are welcome to join as many sports teams as they choose at Lincoln.
For further information
The University supports students by offering a number of bursaries and scholarships. These include the University of Lincoln Scholarship, the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship, the Excellence Scholarship, Lincoln Graduate Scholarship and the Blackburn Bursary.
Type and price of university accommodation
We guarantee accommodation to new undergraduate students starting in September 2014 who confirm the University of Lincoln as their first choice by 30 June.
- Brayford Pool
- LN6 7TS
- +44 (0)1522 882000
- +44 (0)1522 886041