For research degree programmes the typical minimum entry requirement is a Bachelors degree (with Honours) at 2:1 level or better in an appropriate field of study. Equivalent overseas degrees together with an acceptable English language qualification are also accepted. Individual consideration is given to mature students with significant and relevant experience with professional qualifications. PhD students are allowed to progress into their next year of study if the assessed work at the time of the Annual Progress Report is at appropriate PhD level. Students registered for an MPhil also have to satisfactorily complete an Annual Progress Report.
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
We can offer you a highly supportive research community in which to pursue your MPhil or PhD research degree. You'll be assigned a supervisor who's an expert in your area of study and there'll be plenty of opportunity to present your work to staff and fellow students.
With our great breadth of research interests, we can offer you real scope when it comes to choosing a research topic. Here's a cross-section of recent thesis subjects:-
- Design of lighting installations for obstructed interiors
- Computer modelling of auditoria acoustics
- Architecture and urban design in nineteenth-century Liverpool
- Computer-aided architectural design
- Conservation management of world heritage cities
- Impact noise in buildings at low frequencies
- Construction methods and materials in the traditional architecture of Cyprus
- Innovation and invention in architecture Waterfront cities
- Sustainable construction site processes
- Post-colonial Indian cities
- Integration of renewable technologies into buildings
- Deployable structures in portable architecture
- Perceptions of city space –memory and experience in changing environments.
Recent presentations include Korea (2008), Krakow, Antwerp and Oxford (2009), Lisbon and Cairo (2010), Rio de Janeiro (2011) and Vilnius and New York (2012).
The MPhil and PhD research degrees are awarded on submission of a thesis, which is judged by the examiners to be of the appropriate standard, to candidates who've followed an approved programme of research studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment
- +44 (0)151 794 5927