We offer two entry routes into the programmes, so if you do not meet the academic requirements you may still be eligible to apply through an alternative route.
Entry route 1
To be eligible to register for any of the Data Science programmes, you must have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (or an acceptable equivalent) in a relevant subject which is considered at least comparable to a UK second class honours degree, from an institution acceptable to the University.
Relevant subjects include but are not limited to the following:
- Biomedical Statistics
- Business Computing
- Computer Science
- Creative Computing
- Data Science
- Games Programming
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Marketing and Finance
- Mathematics and statistics
Entry route 2
- A bachelor’s degree (or an acceptable equivalent) in any subject which is considered at least comparable to a UK second class honours degree, from an institution acceptable to the University.
In addition to the above, you will be required to complete an online preparatory course prior to registration. The online preparatory course, Foundations of Data Science, requires approximately 30 hours of study.
Months of entry
With our online master's you will learn to apply technology to real world data science problems and gain an in depth understanding of emerging technologies, statistical analysis and computational techniques.
By studying this degree you will:
- have the option to study one of the specialist pathways in Artificial Intelligence or Financial Technology
- address skills required by data scientists to drive improvements in organisational performance
- have the opportunity to create your own data analysis projects
- earn a prestigious qualification that is valued across the globe.
Students registered on one of these programmes, with the exception of the Postgraduate Certificate in Data Science, will also have the opportunity to obtain a Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science alongside their studies with the University of London.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details