For direct entry to the LLM, you will usually have one of the following:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with second-class honours from the University of London.
- A second-class bachelor degree (or equivalent), where at least half the units are in law-related subjects.
- A pass in the Bar Vocational Course (BVC) of England and Wales, or the Qualifying Exam of the Solicitors' Regulation Authority of England (or corresponding exams in Scotland or Northern Ireland), plus a second-class bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- The Common Professional Examination or a Graduate Diploma in Law, plus a second-class bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- You are qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England or Wales, or the equivalent elsewhere.
Even if you do not have the requirements, you can still enter at PGCert or PGDip level and progress through the awards to gain the LLM.
For entry to the Postgraduate Diploma, you will usually have one of the following:
- A second-class bachelor degree (or equivalent) from the University of London or an acceptable institution.
- A master’s degree.
For entry to the Postgraduate Certificate, you will usually have one of the following:
- A bachelor degree from the University of London or an acceptable institution.
- At least five years’ relevant work experience, such as accounting, banking, finance or insurance.
We accept a range of qualifications from around the world: see a full list for details.
Months of entry
Study for a prestigrious Master of Laws anywhere in the world
Our world-class, flexible LLM is designed to meet a diverse range of needs. With over 30 specialisations and 60 courses, you can either build a broad range of skills or specialise in a specific field, such as public law for government or human rights law for NGOs.
Study via distance learning or at a Teaching Centre near you.
Information for international students
How you study
The programme is offered online and is fully supported by a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). You study at a time and pace that suits you (subject to course-specific deadlines) using the study materials provided, with support available from academic staff.
Application deadline April 2019 intake:
28 February 2019
Application deadline November 2019 intake:
30 September 2019
Fees and funding
- Total LLM (16 modules) £9345
- Total PG Diploma (10 modules) £6195
- Total PG Certificate (5 modules) £3570
There are also Pay as you go options, see the fees section on our website for full details.
Without the cost of moving to London, studying for your University of London degree anywhere in the world represents excellent value for money. However, there may be additional sources of support depending on where you live and how you choose to study.
See Scholarships and Bursaries for current offers.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
PG Cert and Diploma to progress to the LLM.
Course contact details
- Worldwide programmes
- +44 (0)20 7862 8000