Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must have completed:
- A degree in law (LLB, JD or equivalent) leading to admission to practice, at honours standard, or equivalent
- A degree in law (LLB, JD or equivalent) leading to admission to practice, or equivalent and two years of documented relevant professional experience
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and two years of documented relevant professional experience
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline; and successful completion of four subjects in a cognate graduate diploma and one year of documented relevant professional experience.
Months of entry
Melbourne Law School’s specialisation in energy and resources law allows lawyers and other professionals to gain understanding of and skills in statutory and contractual regimes governing exploration and production activities, sophisticated commercial transactions relating to these activities, project finance arrangements, regulatory controls upon exploration, production, transportation and marketing, and resolution of land-use and resources conflicts, drawing upon Australian experience acquired over many decades and applying it globally.
Subjects are taught by an outstanding group of academic and professional lawyers with a very wide range of expertise and experience gained in many parts of the world.
Information for international students
All applicants must also meet the English language requirements of the University of Melbourne.
You can use TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (academic tests) or CAE to meet the University's English language requirements. You must satisfy the requirements in one sitting and within the 24 months preceding application. The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974.
There are also other ways to satisfy the English language requirement.
Fees and funding
International students may be eligible for two categories of Australian scholarships:
Scholarships may also be provided by government and non-government organisations in a students' home country. Please contact the relevant organisation in your country for specific details.
- Melbourne Law School - Scholarships, Prizes and Awards
- University of Melbourne - Scholarships
- Scholarships in Australia (The Good Universities Guide)
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Samantha Fossey