Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution.
- Completion of the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT) prior to applying. TCAT results are assessed as part of your application.
- Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
Months of entry
- Become a highly effective early childhood and primary teacher
- Unparalleled support during your studies and placements
- Graduates extremely employable
- Be eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching and the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
You will become a confident, qualified early childhood and primary teacher with unparalleled support throughout your studies and teacher placements. The Master of Teaching (Early Childhood and Primary) prepares you for registration to teach in early childhood education and across all primary years as a generalist teacher.
You will focus on early childhood development and education from birth to 12 years and be prepared to teach across the curriculum, with a specialisation in early years learning and development, literacy, and mathematics.
Information for international students
All applicants must also meet the English language requirements of the University of Melbourne.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Samantha Fossey
- +61 3 9035 5511