Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor; or
- hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice from UNE; or
- hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice from UNE; or
- hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma, AQF Level 9 Masters or AQF Level 10 Doctorate degree; or
- satisfy UNE by means of other relevant* professional experience by submitting a Statement of Service from your employer/s and a resume outlining a minimum of three years' full-time (or equivalent) relevant* professional experience and training undertaken in the past 10 years.
*Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to: Counselling, psychology, social work, nursing, mental health nursing, community services, children's services, youth work, care for the aged, care for the disabled, residential client care, welfare, mental health support and pastoral care.
Months of entry
The Master of Mental Health Practice provides advanced professional development in evidence-based mental health assessment and practice. The course is designed to equip graduates from a variety of backgrounds with an ethically sound, specialised knowledge and understanding of the theory and principles of mental health practice. The Master of Mental Health Practice is underpinned by the bio-psychosocial model of mental health and is designed to produce competent, self-reflexive, multi-disciplinary health and human service professionals to support people experiencing mental health problems and their families, at an advanced level. The award prepares students to work in a range of clinical settings and provides a pathway to the Doctor of Philosophy.
Graduates will be able to practice with an advanced level of knowledge in a range of generalist and specialist mental health settings.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full timeup to 18 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- UNE International Admissions
- +61 2 6773 2135