At least a second class (2:2) honours degree (or international equivalent).
Months of entry
MSc Food Production Management is an exciting and challenging degree that equips science and engineering graduates for a career in food production or technical management in ones of the world's largest industries.
- Off-site visits to food industries and events give you a variety of real life experiences and the opportunity to see the latest technologies in the food industry
- External speakers with expertise in specific research areas and/or leadership in industry are often invited to give lectures, attend networking events or to supervise project work
- Our specialist Food Processing Facility provides plant, equipment and test facilities to replicate industry including: extrusion, bakery equipment, retorting facilities, a development kitchen, quality control laboratory and sensory analysis
- The course is co-run by the School of Biosciences and the Business School
- The Business School is an international leader in finance and management education and a research pioneer in entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability
- The School of Biosciences is ranked the no. 1 research environment in the UK for food science in the Research Excellence Framework 2014
Information for international students
Masters scholarships are available for international students from a wide variety of countries and areas of study. You must already have an offer to study at Nottingham to apply. Please note closing dates to ensure your course application is submitted in good time.
Fees and funding
General information on funding for both research and taught degrees, applicable to UK/HEU students is available from the University's Graduate School at this page.
Government loans for masters courses
The Government offers postgraduate student loans for students studying a taught or research masters course. Applicants must ordinarily live in England or the EU. Student loans are also available for students from Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559