2:1 (or international equivalent) with evidence of an interest or aptitude for programming; graduates from a science or engineering background will be considered with a 55% average mark
IELTS: 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each element.
Months of entry
Computer Science is playing a key role in many industries all around the world. Developments in artificial intelligence, apps and cyber security are changing how we live, work and socialise. This course will give you the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a range of high-level careers.
Core modules will develop your knowledge in key topics such as UX design, artificial intelligence and data analysis. Optional modules give you the flexibility to broaden your knowledge in specialist areas, including machine learning and autonomous robotics.
You have the option to tailor your degree with AI once you have registered. During your study, you are required to study 40 credits of AI modules, as well as to undertake the Research Project in Computer Science (AI) module. This allows you to graduate with the degree titled MSc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence).
You will undertake an individual research project in an area of your choice. This could be in collaboration with an industry partner to build your experience and connections. You can also work with one of our world-leading research groups. Previous projects have included:
- Autonomous robot navigation and path following via RFID tag detection
- Deep Learning for Plant Phenotyping
- A multi-platform mobile application to prevent and cure obesity in Mexico
- Real world neural networks for interactive music composition in real time
This course is linked to the school’s research groups:
- Agents Laboratory
- Automated Scheduling, Optimisation and Planning Group
- Computer Vision Laboratory
- Data Driven Algorithms, Systems and Design
- Functional Programming Lab
- Intelligent Modelling and Analysis
- Lab for Uncertainty in Data and Decision Making
- Mixed Reality Laboratory
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559