2:2 (or international equivalent) and one year of work or volunteer experience in a helping or supporting role. Applicants with a Level 4 Diploma and two years of work experience as a counsellor or psychotherapist will also be considered.
Months of entry
Flexible and covering all areas of practice, this course prepares you to work as a person-centred experiential counselling and psychotherapy practitioner.
You will join a diverse and professional community that has a person-centred experiential approach at its heart. As a team, we have a unique blend of practice and academic backgrounds and experience.
On this course, you will:
- learn and develop person-centred experiential therapy
- engage creatively with issues in contemporary society
- choose between two specialist pathways:
- counselling for adults across the lifespan
- counselling for children and young people
- be part of a vibrant counselling and psychotherapy community
- have the chance to join our research clinic
- study in a world-class university within an award-winning sustainable environment
You will benefit from our 50-year tradition of counselling training at the University of Nottingham. Working with leading scholars and practitioners in the field of person-centred experiential counsellor training, you will develop within a growth-oriented experiential learning environment, with access to superb learning resources and leading research.
We strive to create a vibrant student-centred learning community where we learn from each other, and also run a seminar series linked to this course.
On completion of the course you will leave with an internationally recognised counselling qualification, and can go on to become a leader in the field of counselling working in education, schools, health, community, private and public sectors.
This course will equip you with the required number of training hours for individual accreditation with British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, as well as preparing you for doctoral studies in counselling and psychotherapy or related areas.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Support Hub
- +44 (0)115 951 5559