2:2 (or international equivalent). Applicants will also be required to evidence experience in a helping or supporting role over 1 year. This can be either in a paid or voluntary capacity. Applicants without a degree will be considered on an individual basis. Entry to the course without a degree requires applicants to have a Level 4 Diploma and 2 years' experience as a counsellor or psychotherapist, or similar experience in a closely related professional role, and completion of a 3000 word essay.
Months of entry
Join a diverse and professional community that has a person-centred experiential approach at the very heart of what we do. We are a team with a unique blend of practice and academic backgrounds and experience.
- engage creatively with issues in contemporary society
- choose between two specialisms, Counselling for Adults across the Lifespan (AAL) and Counselling for Children and Young People (CYP)
- belong to a vibrant counselling and psychotherapy community
- study in a world class university with an award winning sustainable environment
- a forty year tradition of counselling training at the University of Nottingham
- leading scholars and practitioners in the field of counsellor training
- developing within a growth oriented experiential learning environment
- access to superb learning resources and leading research
- will leave with an internationally recognised counselling qualification
- may become a leader in the field of counselling working in education, schools, health, community, private and public sectors
- will meet requirements to become a counsellor with accreditation
- will be prepared for doctoral studies in counselling and psychotherapy
For a more extensive overview, please visit the course page on the University of Nottingham's online prospectus.
Information for international students
English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element).
Fees and funding
The Graduate School at The University of Nottingham provides information on internal and external sources of postgraduate funding.
There is also funding information on the School of Education web pages.
For information on funding opportunities for international students, please see the International Office website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Becky Holt
- +44 (0)115 951 3705