2:1 honours degree in any relevant subject.
Months of entry
At Nottingham, we research to bring about positive change. Our innovative ideas are designed to work in the real world. Postgraduate students directly contribute to the impact of our research and are important to the work we do.
You’ll be taught by active researchers in both areas with exposure to research groups in the University who are tackling the latest problems such as the Zika virus, Ebola and Antimicrobial resistance.
Key topics that the course will cover include:
- medical microbiology
- the immune system
By studying this course, you will:
- acquire basic and advanced knowledge of medical microbiology and immunology which will prepare you for future scientific research
- gain direct experience of a variety of molecular biology, microbial and immunological techniques
- train to carry out critical evaluation of published scientific papers, and understand the applicability of the techniques used and results obtained to a variety of related and unrelated scientific problems
- study in greater depth one aspect of microbiology and/or immunology by conducting research and develop reporting and result interpretation skills through completion of a dissertation
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5151