A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject which includes some element of economics, mathematics or statistics, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you want succeed in the arena of international finance, you'll need the skills, knowledge and qualifications to open the right doors, and set you apart from the competition.
On this MSc International Finance and Banking degree course, you'll focus on multinational corporate finance and international banking. You'll learn about international money and financial markets, theory and practice of corporate financial management, and analyse real-time financial market data movements on our Bloomberg terminals.
When you graduate, you'll be able to take on roles in corporate finance, and corporate financial services in banking and investment banking, accountancy and financial management.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Learn from experts in the sector, with research and consultancy experience, and links in the industry
- Study econometrics, multinational corporate financial management, international banking and money markets
- Use our Bloomberg suite to analyse real-time financial market data and make virtual trades
- Access our extensive financial databases including Bloomberg, DataStream and Bank Scope, along with excellent library facilities and 24-hour internet access
- Complete an independent research project which showcases your skills and knowledge in the field
When you complete your Bloomberg training, you'll also be awarded the Bloomberg Certificate, an essential qualification for all city professionals.
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the international finance industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll understand the complexities of modern financial markets and be in a strong position to pursue a career within the finance and industrial sectors, including investment analysis, securities trading, banking and investment banking, accountancy and financial management.
Career opportunities include:
- commercial finance analyst
- bid pricing executive
- finance internship
- graduate econometrician
- hedge fund manager
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 2991