A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you can deal with day-to-day problems and remain calm in the face of a crisis, you might have what it takes to work in the field of risk and crisis management.
Risk management is a crucial part of running a business, and our MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management degree course will take your aptitude and mould it into expertise – so you'll be ready to steer organisations through critical situations as a risk manager, ensuring both their success and yours.
On this course, you'll learn how to identify, assess and manage strategic, organisational, environmental and technological risks, as well as threats presented by unpredictable situations.
You'll get the knowledge and skills needed to become a proficient and capable risk manager, honing analytical and problem-solving abilities that are highly valued by employers.
What you'll experience
- Learn from guest speakers who are experts in the field, providing insight into real-life scenarios and a practical take on managing risk
- Study key topics like Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour, Crisis Management and Governance, and Organisational and Environmental Risk
- Be supported by academically qualified staff with research and consultancy experience, as well as links to industry
- Sharpen your analytical, decision-making and communication skills, learn how to manage risk more effectively, and make a difference in the organisation where you work
- Get to grips with the current tools and techniques used to understand risk management
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Choose to study either full-time (one year) or part-time (two years)
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your risk, crisis and resilience management skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
Because of an increase in British and International Standards in Risk and Crisis Management, Organisational Resilience and Continuity, there's a growing demand for risk specialists. This need has been further exacerbated by our reliance on technology, the increased risk of conflict, and extreme weather conditions; there are now many career opportunities in this field. When you graduate, you can expect to pursue a career managing risk in industries including healthcare, petrochemicals, environmental organisations, and business.
Our previous graduates have gone on to work in industries including:
- Oil and gas
- Health service
- Financial sector
- Security industries
- Emergency services
- Security Management
Alternatively, you may want to continue your research in the related areas of risk, programme and business management.
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 023 9284 2991