Occupational Health and Safety Management (Distance Learning)
Appropriate experience and proven aptitude in health and safety, a certificated professional/vocational qualification or an undergraduate degree or equivalent. If you do not hold a level 6 qualification you may be required to present evidence of your ability to study at level 6.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Months of entry
If you're looking to advance your career in health and safety management within the workplace, our distance learning PgCert Occupational Health and Safety course is the perfect next step. You'll study for an accredited university qualification, without needing to leave your current job.
This course will enhance your ability to analyse problems, research and propose solutions, all while developing your confidence in delivering sound professional judgements in the workplace.
You'll graduate with the knowledge and skill necessary to fulfil your potential as a health and safety professional; you'll have the creativity, independence and enterprise to advance further professionally. On completion of this course, you'll also be sufficiently qualified to apply for Graduate Membership to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).On this course, you'll:
- have the opportunity to analyse and evaluate the management, regulation and promotion of occupational health and safety in UK and international workplaces
- study at a university that has offered courses in Health and Safety to serve industrial and professional needs since 1976
- be supported through our online virtual learning environment called Moodle. The Moodle environment is a rich source of information – both formal and informal
- be directed towards independent study through a range of activities, including online tutorials, podcasts and tutor-led discussion sessions, which will provide you with the opportunity to interact with staff and fellow students
- have access to our Library's vast selection of electronic resources, including e-books and journals, available anywhere, 24/7, with staff always on hand to help out
When you finish the course, you'll have the skills and knowledge to advance your career with your current employer and boost your long-term career prospects.
After the course, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
This course is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Course contact details
- Learning at Work
- 023 9284 6260