A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification and/or equivalent professional experience.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Explore financial crime investigations and work with business legal teams on this forensic accounting Master’s. Prepare for your career as a forensic accountant, or in internal auditing or compliance, whether you’ve studied accounting in the past or not.
Develop your knowledge and critical analysis skills as you investigate where things have gone wrong in business.
You’ll study financial crime, law and fraud as you focus on business crime prevention and prepare for case discussions with lawyers. You'll apply your learning in topical case studies and develop your understanding of what to look for in financial accounts in industry.
To start, you'll explore topics including data modelling, accountancy basics and valuations. You’ll then discover forensic investigation and fraud examination, as well as corporate governance and ethics, and learn to be an expert witness in our replica courtroom.
By learning from experienced lecturers and industry guest speakers you’ll gain a better understanding of the industry as a whole, and have opportunities to network with guests and fellow accountancy students from across the department.
You'll graduate ready for your forensic accounting or compliance career. To get the most out of this course you should be analytical and curious, and keen to specialise in forensic accounting.
- Discover forensic accounting, law and policy
- Use real-world case studies
- Apply your learning in practical assessments in our replica court room
- Learn how to prevent financial crime
- Prepare to support businesses in industry
- Network with and learn from industry guest speakers
- Use materials from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Benefit from our partnerships with various accounting and audit partners and our work with the Financial Reporting Council
During your course you'll have expert career support from our Careers and Employability Centre, your tutors and our Business and Law Career-Ready Programme. This support will continue for 5 years after you graduate.
You'll benefit from:
- Networking events
- Regular emails from the Career Ready Programme sharing job opportunities, application tips and events
- Applied projects with companies such as IBM, Boeing and Hampshire County Council
- Workshops to enhance your employability skills
- Recruitment events including the Student and Graduate Opportunities Fair
- 1-to-1 appointments
- CV and cover letter advice
- Interview preparation and practice
- Support starting your own business
Careers this Master’s prepares you for
This Master’s degree will help you to specialise in forensic accounting and build on your business or accountancy studies at undergraduate level.
You'll benefit from CIMA exam exemptions after you graduate. This means you'll have fewer exams to sit to become an accredited forensic accountant.Graduates of this course have gone onto areas such as:
- forensic accounting
- business accounting
- internal auditing
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 023 9284 2991