A second-class honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject or a master’s degree in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, equivalent, professional experience and/ or qualifications will be considered.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
On this Missing Persons: Global Perspectives short course, you'll consider the needs and challenges faced by people who go missing, and their relatives. Whether you're from the UK or overseas, if you want to gain an insight into the subject area of missing persons, this course is for you.
During your studies, you'll get an understanding of real practices used by those investigating and managing cases. You'll also be introduced to key areas where research has influenced policy and practice in the UK and abroad, and focus on day-to-day missing person incidents – rather than large scale events such as wars, natural disasters or political events.
This course is ideal if you have a relevant undergraduate degree, or you can demonstrate work or volunteering experience in the field.
On this short course, you'll cover:
- The nature and scale of missing persons
- The impact on the families of those who are missing
- The investigation of a missing person
- Missing children – including abduction, missing from care and child exploitation
- Missing adults – including mental health, dementia and human trafficking
- The experience of being a missing person
- Missing persons and the media
You will have access to:
- A unit coordinator to access support and guidance when you need it
- An interactive reading list, ensuring speedy delivery of reading material
- A growing library of e-books and e-journals in criminology and psychology.
- Free dispatch of books and offprints of journal articles, when these are not available online (offprints available for UK students only)
- A students’ card for the duration of the course – entitling you to a host of benefits
- A transcript of studies and a University Certificate
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Short course
- part time4.5 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team